SALAM DHR is recruiting interns to work on human rights advocacy in the MENA region and the United States and Canada
SALAM DHR is a human rights organization based in London and operates from different parts of the world, including Berlin, Geneva, Paris, Copenhagen, and Beirut. We are looking for a talented intern to assist us in promoting human rights and democracy for Bahrain and the Gulf region with the United States and Canada.
As an intern, you will make valuable contributions to our activities, including:
- Closely monitoring human rights developments in the MENA region and their connection to human rights advocacy in the US and/or Canada
- Taking part in our advocacy work in the MENA region and the United States and Canada
- Provide high-quality research related to Salam DHR objectives
- A comprehensive training & development programme
- Have a strong commitment to human rights and democracy
- Have a strong interest in and knowledge of the MENA region and US or Canadian policy in the Gulf. We are especially interested in candidates with knowledge of US and/or Canadian politics and their relation to the Gulf.
- Are flexible and self-disciplined. The post would start as soon as possible and usually lasts four to six months.
- Have a stable internet connection. Due to Covid-19 precautions, the program is virtual and interns will be working remotely with our office in London, and/or in co-ordination with our teams in Berlin, Geneva, Paris, Copenhagen, and Beirut.
As the position is voluntary, the hours are flexible. Ideal candidates can commit to two or three days a week. Salam will remunerate travel and food expenses.
• If you are interested in applying, please send a one-page cover letter and CV (no more than two pages) to Salam DHR Director Jawad Fairooz (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
• And if you would like to find out more about the position, please contact us (Email: email@example.com).
• You can find out more about Salam DHR’s work here: https://salam-dhr.org/?page_id=3654